C.P. Caldwell House
Since 1996, the FigDesign office has been located in the historic C.P. Caldwell House in the Irving Heritage District. The home was built in 1925 by C. P. Caldwell, who was elected mayor of Irving in 1938, and later hired the city’s first employee. A 1930 photo shows his family on the porch, which was enclosed during remodeling in the 1940s.
The house features the original pine heart wooden flooring, 22 windows, working fireplace, and original hexagonal bathroom tile.
City of Irving marks historic home
The City of Irving placed the Caldwell House Centennial Marker in front of the structure on October 5, 2002. The plaque was the first of several historic markers installed during Irving’s Centennial Celebration. The ceremony was attended by Mayor Joe Putnam, members of the Centennial Committee and by guest of honor Nancy Caldwell Taylor of Little Rock, who grew up in the home.