Events Archives - FigDesign
An exhibit of logo design work from our first 30 years.
The logo exhibit was on display in the first floor lobby area of SB Hall on the University of Dallas campus from 10 October through 11 November 2016.
An opening reception was held
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
SB Hall on the University of Dallas campus
10 October through 11 November 2016
Opening reception 11 October from 5:30 to 7:00pm
University of Dallas
Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business
2925 Gorman Drive
Irving, TX 75062
Several local design professionals, including FigDesign’s David Fiegenschue, met at North Lake College to review and provide input for the school’s growing Computer Graphics program. The group:
- Evaluated the goals and objectives of the Computer Graphics program
- Established workplace competencies for student occupations
- Revised and updated the Computer Graphics program curriculum
- Evaluated the adequacy of existing college facilities, equipment and software
- Advised on the purchase of new hardware and software
- Identified local business and industry leaders who may provide students with external learning experiences
- Sought placement opportunities and employment for students
“Education is obviously a key component in shaping the future of design and visual communications,” said Fiegenschue. “In this fast-paced and fluid environment, the next generation will need to be flexible, smart and up-to-date on tools, platforms and strategies to help clients. Colleges that lead students forward will help shape the language of design.”
A senior marketing class in the College of Business at the University of Texas at Arlington hosted designer and business owner David Fiegenschue of FigDesign.
Dr Narayan Janakiraman invited Fiegenschue to speak in order to allow informal discussions about marketing topics between students and working professionals.
Fiegenschue showed samples of branding projects his firm has completed, discussed the value of design in business and answered questions about his career and outlook on the future of visual branding.